Association of Cass County Lakes
ACCL Home Page
This organization consists of member lake associations in Cass County, Minnesota.
The purpose of this organization shall be to serve the people of Cass County, Minnesota who are interested in the welfare of Cass County lakes, waterways and their environment. ACCL is a 501(c)3 organization.
We further the goals and purposes of our organization by:
- facilitating cooperation among member lake associations and assist them in fostering wise use of the lake area;
- encouraging lake residents to form associations and provide them with the necessary information;
- functioning as an umbrella organization where individual lakes associations can exchange information, share ideas and obtain advice for solving problems affecting a specific lake or group of lakes;
- informing and updating members on water quality initiatives, environmental issues, laws and regulations affecting lakes, and any other proposals that promote the health and welfare of the county lakes;
- actively monitoring and participating, as appropriate, in the functions of townships, state agencies such as the DNR and PCA and Cass County Board of Commissioners, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustments, advisory committees, and revision and updating processes to the county Comprehensive Plan and Land Use Ordinances as they pertain to lakes, waterways, watersheds, and related areas such as watershed districts and soil and watershed conservation districts.