2016 YEAR IN REVIEW
· Collaborated with CCSWCD/AIS PROGRAM to implement the CC AIS Prevention and Protection Plan.
· CCSWCD/AIS approved ACCL’s funding request to support the Resort Ambassador program and was implemented.
· Dr. Pat Welle continued the Boy River Chain of Lakes resort owner’s project. In 2015 Dr. Welle interviewed all 56 resort owners and 10-12 fishing guides and in 2016 he interviewed a number of resort guests at many of the resorts.
· Continued facilitating the RMBEL water testing program.
· Membership in MnCOLA, Mn. Lakes and Rivers Advocates and Northern Water Alliance
· Attended in person and by conference call Mn COLA BOD meetings.
· Published ACCL NEWS AND NOTES AND ACCL NETWORK AND SPONSORED ACCLAKES.ORG website.
· Published the first-ever ACCL INFORMATION BROCHURE
· Sponsored the “RESORT OWNERS GATHERING on Sept.19.
· Contributed to LLAWF and Friends of the Headwaters
· Submitted a grant request to IF/LSOHF (approval pending) – resort project
2016 MEMBERSHIP MEETING PROGRAMS
May 10, 2016 Updates by Rima Smith-Keprios, CC AIS PROGRAM COORDINATOR and Linda Blake, RESORT AMBASSADOR.
Dr. Pat Welle discussed the “Enhancing the Roll of Resort and Fishing guides in Preventing the Introduction and Spread of AIS” – Boy River Chain of Lakes resorts project.
John Ringle, ESD DIRECTOR, update on proposed amendments to CC Land Use Ordinances.
June 24, 2016 Northern Water Alliance – Mary Ackerman
LLAWF – Lindsey Ketchel, Exec. Dir.
Resort Ambassador Program – Linda Blake
July 29, 2016 Updates by Rima Smith-Keprios, Linda Blake
Members participated in discussion ref: identifying private water points on lakes. Defining “private”, developments with private accesses, cabins being rented, best ways to communicated with these property owners.
August 26 Updates by Rima and Linda
Richard Smith, President of Friends of the Headwaters, updated members on the current status of the pipeline.
September 30 THE ACCL ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING - ELECTION of OFFICERS/DIRECTORS
Updates by Rima and Linda
Nicole Kovar, Mn. DNR AIS SPECIALIST, educated members on “Starry Stonewort” which has been identified in Big Turtle, Moose, Upper Red, Winnie and Cass Lakes in our region.
Meeting followed by complimentary lunch.